Need help with good parts

Comp_Newb

New Member
Ok...I need help with some parts for my computer.
I need suggestion on 2 video cards and some RAM.
Not looking to spend a lot but don't want trash.
I was running the below specs but i no longer have ram or video cards. I am going to get another ASUS P5 motherboard in the near future.
Thanks!
 
How much is not a lot of money? That could be anywhere from $50 to $200.

For the video card, why on earth do you need two? If you're looking for performance it's much more cost-efficient to go with one powerful card rather than two cheap ones.
 
Budget?
Why 2 video card? A single powerful usually will do the job...
RAM - Do you have 64 bit windows? 2GB RAM usually enough for XP. I would suggest you get DDR3 RAM when you upgrade CPU + Motherboard. IMO, it is not really worth to invest more RAM in your machine.
 
I want to run dual monitors. Do they sell 1 video card that allows 2 monitors?
Budget is no more than 150 for 2gb of ram and video card. I just need something that's a reasonable price. Not looking to spend a whole lot here.
 
I want to run dual monitors. Do they sell 1 video card that allows 2 monitors?
Budget is no more than 150 for 2gb of ram and video card. I just need something that's a reasonable price. Not looking to spend a whole lot here.

Most of the video card would run 2 monitor.
 
Ive got a brand new BFG PSU. Would that work? Also have a used 550 Watt Antec PSU.

That video card would work on a P5nsli? Im pretty sure it's a pci-e

Now i would like to plug and play with my OS that i have. Everything will be the same but
the video card and RAM. Will i be able to boot and put the new video card OS in? Or how would that work?
 
It should work, but you'll need to install the drivers for the video card for it to work properly. Until then Windows will just use a generic driver and it won't work as well.
 
Back
Top