Need help with MB Choice

rainerrocket

alot of my friends say Gigabyte z77x d3h is the way to go but would i be better getting the asrock extreme 4, or any suggestions, i wouldnt wanna spend anything over $180

Ankur

The extreme 4 has better features and two PCI-E 3.0 slots, also the Z77x d3h is quite good if you don't want to add an extra card in the future. But if you plan on dual cards then I suggest you to get Z77x UD3H (Please see the "U").
I will suggest the Z77x d3h for the durability and quality, but the extreme 4 is also good for the cost. Get which ever is cheaper in cost.

wolfeking

banned
but the extreme 4 is also good for the cost.
No. This is not right at all. It is overpriced and under equipped. See also: It comes with Dpak mosfets in 4+1+1 with doublers, meaning analog power management, and very loose management at that. Not to mention the complete crap BIOS they come with.

ASrock below the Extreme 6 is complete crap. They claim they are good, but you have to look deeper.

empty213

go for gigabyte whether z77-ud3 or d3h is good, ud3 if you can afford, or d3h if you can't afford the ud3.. also, asrock is a hit or miss when it comes to boards..