Need Help with new Build

TourJ

Looking to build a new computer which is mainly going to be used for listening/recording music and playing games.

I need a $450 build, the OS isnt really a concern right now
but with $450 could anybody list a sample of parts for a build with a good graphics card, power supply motherboard, preferably 4GB Ram, even a cooler fan if possible, but if the price goes over $450 you can lower it to 3-2gb.

Need parts to be over, www.newegg.ca

konsole

a good graphics card is going to cost atleast 1/3 of that $450 and you shouldn't get any less then 4gb ram. To just record and listen to music I can see $450 possible, but not with a good video card. To get a good video card with 4gb ram and a cpu cooler you should be aiming at $550+

JakeUSMC

nvidia 9800 is good to play many of the current games.... recording music with a 450 dollar comuter is next to impossible considering the prices of certain accessories and internal components that will cost you a considerable amount of money when shone under the sun of your price range.... also 3 GB of RAM when attempting to alter musical compilations is a small amount considering the fair amount of RAM needed to run the expensive programs used to alter music. Good luck!

TourJ

Haha i guess i should range what i need to use it for
Mostly just downloading music and playing a few games.
Is all i really needed
Can i still be helped for $450?

JakeUSMC

www.newegg.com look on there and find something

what you want is

450 w PSU
9800 nvidia
2gb to 4 gb of RAM, 4gb is best
dual core or single core cpu, look AMD
mobo
no sound card

Do you need a monitor, keyboard and mouse for the computer?

TourJ

No soundcard?
And no i got a keyboard and mouse and such
I'm going to be listening to a lot of music and such sure i dont need a soundcard

TourJ

Its either i get some parts, and then buy a case
Or i can settle for this
Motherboard - Asus M4A78-EM AM3 Native, but supports AM2 / AM2+ (Bought Aug. 09)
Processor - AMD Athlon™ X2 3800+ @2Ghz
Memory - 4x 1Gb DDR2 @ 667Mhz (Bough April 09)
Harddrive - WesternDigital 200gb HDD (WD2000JS)
Video Card - Asus nVidia 9400GT 512mb w/ native HDMI, DVI and VGA (Bought June 09)
Optical Drive - HP DVD Writer 1070r (Bought Jan 09)
Sound: Realtech onboard 8 channel surround sound
Network: 1000mhz onboard and 54mb D-Link Wireless A/B/G card

That's being sold for $400,
You prefer i build one or go with that?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Drop the X2 6000. Will not fit a AM3 board anyway. Get either the Athlon II 245/250 or the Phenom II 545/550. Plus you need to change your memory from a tri channel kit to either 2 or 4 sticks