Need help with new computer

sveken

Ok, so i just brought my new HP Pavilion today, reformated it and put ultimate on it. installed the programs i use, drivers etc, and all seemed fine, but in games everything has to wait and load etc, if i press the fire botton in CSS, it freezes 3-5 then fires, but is fine after that, anything the game hasnt done before etc load map or what ever it freezes for a bit. but my FPS is over 100

It also sometimes does this on the desktop. can you please help, im thinking of taking it back

sveken

The computer im using is the one in my Sig. my cpu is at 4-5% idle and only usin 1.7GB of my RAM, for background stuff. and yes there offline

adarsh

Are you using D3D as your graphics renderer? Try switching between OpenGL and D3D and see whether it makes a difference or not.

sveken

I'm using the drivers from amd. Ill try that OpenGL suggestion in the morning. My fps are over 80 but the whole computer will freeze if I do something that hasn't been done yet. Etc a granade explosion.

sveken

Thanks for the help so far :) . But the OpenGL has the same result. I'm starting to think it might be the hdds? Thanks everyone for the quick posts :)

sveken

Alien Swarm does it for the first couple of minutes, like my firing has no sound for couple of seconds, and if i hit TAB for the maps for the first time it freezes. i just Defragmented my C drive and it doesn't do it on the desktop anymore. CSS is on my D drive, which is fragmented by 27%. Im defragging that to see if it works. Will let you know if it helps :)

sveken

Still does it :( when it freezes the sound loops over and over, it freezes in Alien Swarm menu and just in play with CSS. my FPS are still over 80+. Any ideas?

Quiltface

have you tried adjusting your settings in the game maybe you have them up too high... try maybe bringing everything down to low and see if you have the problem if not bring it up little by little. Or use a auto detect first and see if it changes anything.

sveken

Still does it in CSS, but i confess. its a old crack of it. i think its just being a old game. Alein swarm is now perfect exept in the Menu where the audio loops but in game its good. Sword of the stars has no problem. but as i said above Alein swarm still lags in the menu:confused:, which is no big deal i guess. Thank you everyone for your help :)