Need help with new computer

mistersprinkles

First one has a better CPU, comes with an SSD, but has a worse GPU. Second one has a dumpy CPU, no SSD, and a better GPU.

I'd get the i7 based machine personally.

Darren

Staff member
Would be better off building one, or at the very least looking at places other than Best Buy.

Just of those 2 I'd get the i7, but both are poor choices when you can build it or just get one custom made from iBuyPower or some other brand.

mistersprinkles

I wouldn't say they are necessarily poor choices, although you can get better customization by building a computer yourself. Building a computer is not that difficult but some people don't want to deal with it or feel uncomfortable doing it. For those people, having somebody else build a computer for them is usually a good choice. Having said that, one can't argue with the benefits of having an additional layer of warranty when one buys from a company.

Bruh171717

Would be better off building one, or at the very least looking at places other than Best Buy.

Just of those 2 I'd get the i7, but both are poor choices when you can build it or just get one custom made from iBuyPower or some other brand.
Thanks for the response. Is iBuyPower the best company you can buy custom desktops from or are there any others that are better? Thanks.

mistersprinkles

Thanks for the response. Is iBuyPower the best company you can buy custom desktops from or are there any others that are better? Thanks.

I can't answer that because I self build. However most boutique makers use off the shelf parts which is good. Dell hp etc use custom motherboards usually. You sure you don't want to build it yourself?

Bruh171717

I can't answer that because I self build. However most boutique makers use off the shelf parts which is good. Dell hp etc use custom motherboards usually. You sure you don't want to build it yourself?
Not allowed to. But maybe sometime in the future but I just want a great desktop to play games smooth like battlefield 1, watch dogs 2, and titanfall 2

Laquer Head

Not allowed to. But maybe sometime in the future but I just want a great desktop to play games smooth like battlefield 1, watch dogs 2, and titanfall 2

Whos not letting you...I assume this means your like 15 and mom and dad are buying this for xmas? Building your own is far better bang/buck...especially when its someone else dime.

mistersprinkles

By the way, watchdogs two did not want to run smoothly for me off a hard drive. It was jittering as it was streaming the world when I was driving. Putting it on my SSD solved this problem. Your mileage may vary but it's worth mentioning. Merry Christmas.

My hdd is a Seagate st2000