Need help with new logo

Geoff

VIP Member
So I designed a new logo based on my website URL that most people seemed to like (capturedbygeoff.com), any thoughts or suggestions on improving the logo?

i-8mMtkZ8-X3.jpg

Kornowski

VIP Member
So I designed a new logo based on my website URL that most people seemed to like (capturedbygeoff.com), any thoughts or suggestions on improving the logo?

Personally, I think there's too much going on. An logo should be something simple and instantly recognisable. It doesn't have to be your website, people will more than likely be viewing your photos on your site, so they don't need reminding what it is.

The camera looks like it could have been pulled off the net, or is it something you've drawn up yourself?

You've probably already seen it, but here's my logo -

3409014_300.jpg

When it's added to a photo as a watermark it isn't too intrusive and doesn't draw your attention away from the main focus, the photograph.

8671959023_a54659e1d4_b.jpg

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
He pulled the camera off the web. It was low resolution though, so he turned it into a vector image to improve the quality.

I also think it's too complicated. Need something simpler. Maybe just eliminate the camera and the dot com and leave "Captured by Geoff" or do a copyright "G. Johnson" or "G. Johnson Photo"

Kornowski

VIP Member
He pulled the camera off the web. It was low resolution though, so he turned it into a vector image to improve the quality.

I also think it's too complicated. Need something simpler. Maybe just eliminate the camera and the dot com and leave "Captured by Geoff" or do a copyright "G. Johnson" or "G. Johnson Photo"

Ah. Plagiarism? haha. It's a little predictable, too. People know you do photography because they're looking at your photographs, so I don't think it needs to be in your logo, too. Not sure on the font either, a little too comic sans perhaps.

PCunicorn

TBH i like the logo, but it's to big/to much going on. I think maybe you could put the initials of your site, like CBG instad of "Captured by Geoff", though I understand you want to advertise your site, so I think it's pretty good.

Geoff

VIP Member
Thanks for the suggestions, this is why I'm leaning towards having separate watermarks for my sports and traditional photography. The reason the watermark is so large is because photos get posted on facebook, e-mailed around, etc. I want the viewer to be able to clearly see who's photo this was, as well as allowing them to find out where it's from if they want to purchase it or see the rest of my photos.

Having a simply logo such as DP (which looks great BTW) wouldn't help someone who has no idea who I am, and by seeing just "CBG" on the side would have no idea how to find me or my photos. I added the ".com" so someone could easily locate where the pictures originally came from.

I was 50/50 on the camera icon, I'll mock up a version without it to see how it looks.

Geoff

VIP Member
After thinking about it for a while and testing out some different watermarks, I decided to go with a simpler, more elegant logo. What are your thoughts on this one?

i-pdjCZ9K-X3.jpg

spynoodle

The second logo looks great; it simply gets your name out there, and with the power of Google that's all you really need to do.

G80FTW

After thinking about it for a while and testing out some different watermarks, I decided to go with a simpler, more elegant logo. What are your thoughts on this one?

I love it man. Simple really is better. My logo still needs some work, as I think its still a bit much but I havent had alot of time to sit down and really put work into it. Its just a logo to me, the picture is more important :D