Need Help with this Problem... Logs Included

gamblingman

VIP Member
I find that usually it takes the long path to startup freedom. I have usually had to go into EVERY program and set them "not to check for updates" "dont run at startup" "dont routinely do etc....."

Those options are usually in each program under: options, preferences, sometimes edit, etc... you get the point. And it doesnt help that when you update a progam like adobe they re-add the startup entry. Adobe recently did this to me (not the first time either).

Its a long painful process, but I have all my programs set NOT to check for updates. BUT REMEMBER! This will mean that you need to do it manually. You will have to go to those provider sites and check for updates. I wrote all the programs I set not to update on a notepad and once a month I check for updates to them.

Regardless of who creates the program, and be it malware/virus/trojan/marketing/business/entrepreneurs/legitimate or illegal/etc.... they will never give up on getting their particular message out to you, whether it be annoyance, regardless if it creates problems for you, or just programs set with ads (etc) for you to spend money. So you will always have the problem of unwanted startup/services processes being added over time.

I highly recommend that you DO NOT turn off Microsoft updates or updates to your antivirus program.

masu485

thanks for the info! much appreciated.

i just had the blue screen again and wrote down the stop code. hope it helps.

*STOP: 0x000000C5 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80545573)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a bad driver to me. Was there any file names listed under that error code on your screen? That will point us to what driver is most likely bad.

gamblingman

VIP Member
back to home

Hey Johnb, why not just use "Verifier"? Seems like it would be a lot faster in pinpointing the problem.

masu485

There wasn't any driver name under the error code. I transcribed everything exactly on the blue screen (minus stop code, which is here) on the previous page.

and what is 'verifier'?

gamblingman

VIP Member
You can use verifier (in RUN) to find "bad" drivers. I know its in Vista and prior. I believe that 7 may also have this feature. Its not hard to run though. I did it a few years ago on my laptop, found a bad display driver (nvidia driver was outdated and bad).

I'd walk you through all of it, but I have a BIG Intl Economics exam on Thursday, so I'm busy to say the least.

masu485

crap. just got another Blue Screen. this ones error code was different.

0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x805345BA)

From what've noticed so far, blue screen happened once when I just left comp on for about an hour. And it happened two or three times within 10 minutes of switching users on my comp.

This whole thing is getting frustrating.

masu485

well, one of the frustrating aspects of all this was that whenever i switched users, it would log off of one account anyway. and when you switch back, it's like regular startup waittime. i guess ill just uncheck the box because there's no fast switching even with it on.

canivari

For a remote chance you are not having same balooons tips saying that you are running low in virtual memory are you? because if you only have 448MB of physicall ram and your HDD is paging the rest until 1 GB ..you probably are having BSOD from there..

masu485

For a remote chance you are not having same balooons tips saying that you are running low in virtual memory are you? because if you only have 448MB of physicall ram and your HDD is paging the rest until 1 GB ..you probably are having BSOD from there..

i used to have balloon tips popping up before all this started, but i haven't seen any in the past week, but i find my internet browser runs as if it needs more memory sometimes, even though in processes it isn't taking that much

masu485

got blue screen again around time when i switched users. i think it was a 'page fault in non paged area' error.

i know there's just ONE thing causing all these problems, but i just have to find it. everything was fine before i got that random 'updating' bar and now everything has gone to hell.

canivari

got blue screen again around time when i switched users. i think it was a 'page fault in non paged area' error.

i know there's just ONE thing causing all these problems, but i just have to find it. everything was fine before i got that random 'updating' bar and now everything has gone to hell.

Try this;
-Start
-run (where is saying Search Progarms and files)
-cmd
-hit enter
-chkdsk/f
-hit enter
-press y and press enter
-reboot the computer and let him check your hdd
-his gonna take a while to complete and then he will reboot the pc

I think that you are having some problems with your HDD (probably because he as being trashed a lot because the lack of mising physicall RAM.. )
Hope that helps

masu485

Try this;
-Start
-run (where is saying Search Progarms and files)
-cmd
-hit enter
-chkdsk/f
-hit enter
-press y and press enter
-reboot the computer and let him check your hdd
-his gonna take a while to complete and then he will reboot the pc

I think that you are having some problems with your HDD (probably because he as being trashed a lot because the lack of mising physicall RAM.. )
Hope that helps

I'll try this later but what exactly does this do?

NOTE: I had about 2.5 GB free space left on my C drive, and just freed up 2 more GB and my internet seems to be working faster and my browser isn't stalling or crashing anymore. don't need to go into task manager ending random processes anymore. all my other problems are still present though.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you ran ccleaner to delete all the old temporary internet files off your system? Can you post a fresh hijackthis log?

canivari

I'll try this later but what exactly does this do?

NOTE: I had about 2.5 GB free space left on my C drive, and just freed up 2 more GB and my internet seems to be working faster and my browser isn't stalling or crashing anymore. don't need to go into task manager ending random processes anymore. all my other problems are still present though.

This tool(chkdsk=Check Disk tool) will search your Hard Disk for errors and with
the switch (/f) will try to Fixes those errors The disk must be locked (when you put him running in the CMD the system cannot be running so he will ask you if you want him to start at next reebot (thats why you need to imput the Y=Stands for YES and hit enter).
When you usually start you computer,What he gonna do is load a big chunk of windows from the Hard Disk and put it in your RAM and each program that doesnt belong to windows that is putted in the startup (along with windows too).
Well, at this point what is going on is you dont have actually enough RAM so he can load all the programs and windows bits to that RAM and to sustain that lack,windows will use space in the HDD to pretend that is RAM.
The problem here is,the Hard Disks are not very fast (compared with RAM) and to keep up (to simulate the RAM) they need to run very fast and that will trash your Hard Disk (He will start saving a few files not in the best way and to help,when you have problems with your electricity at home and your computer isnt shuted down correctly it will corrupt even more files (some of them important files from windows) that were loaded in to the RAM and werent store backup again in the Hard Disks correctly).
After solving yourproblem i would recommend that you add more ram to your system because your Hard Disk is strugling to keep your system up and running.
Hope that helps

Last edited: