Need help with upgrading

Stacey88

Hey, I posted on here before but I'm in need of some more help. My systems quite outdated and I'm looking to upgrade everything I can really to try and make the system run more smoothly with gaming really. It only has 1gb of ram, so I'm looking to upgrade that, I downloaded CPU-Z and it takes the DDR2, my motherboards a Foxconn P4M890-8237, the only ram upgrades I can find are 1gbs, and I also read that my motherboard will only be able to use 4gb anyway, so it would be pointless getting anymore. As it stands atm, I have four ram slots, two are being used, each with 512mb, would I be able to purchase two 1gbs and put those in the other two slots?
I'm also looking to upgrade my graphics card, I have a Nvidia 7300LE and it's poo tbf, what graphics card can my motherboard handle? I was looking at the 8800GT's, are they still good? and would my motherboard be able to handle that? & will it be worth the purchase, eg: will there be a noticeable difference?

My system is also really loud when it's on, the fans are not far off from the sound a hoover makes.. so what would I need to buy to fix that?
When I posted here before, someone told me I'd need to upgrade my CPU and power supply too, but I havent got any idea about any of that atall, how do I know which to buy and which ones will work for my system?

daisymtc

'What is your overall budget?

What CPU have you got?

For RAM, Get 2 x 1GB DDR2 RAM

Video card - I assume you have PCI-E slot? 8800GT is kind of outdated. And what PSU have you got? I guess you need to upgrade PSU if you want to upgrade video card.