Need help with upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinMC

Hi i got a bit of money and I am going to upgrade my memory,CPU,and motherboard.

First of all what is a better upgrade?

Going from a Pentium 4 1.4ghz to a higher processor (something like a Pentium 4 2.8ghz) and upgrading my 256mb ram to 512mb ram.. or is it better to do less of an upgrade on the CPU and go to 1024MB ram?

I am Canadian and i have about 700$ to spend.. on www.pccyber.ca since it is a good canadian site and has candian prices what should i buy.. for RAM/MotherBoard/CPU.

1st thing is CPU, should i get maybe the

Intel Pentium 4 2.8Ghz (512k/800FSB) $ 252.00
or the AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 333FSB BARTON BOXED $ 227.00

which does better? and which is better for overclocking?

Secondly motherboards.. Depending on the above choice which is the best motherboard to get on here?
http://www.pccyber.ca/scrMain2.asp?product_types_id=14

Finaly RAM.. which is the best to get?

Thx for any help or tips :D
:)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
lol, this post originated during april 9th 2004, right now its august 19th 2005 and tell you what buy an amd 64 :D wow i'm so bored i'm replying to dead posts, is this against any rules?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
lol i was checking the old post to see what ppl were talking about, and i saw this interesting post with no replies.

apj101

VIP Member
lol, this post originated during april 9th 2004, right now its august 19th 2005 and tell you what buy an amd 64 wow i'm so bored i'm replying to dead posts, is this against any rules?
it not against the rules, but it does piss me off. And is not conducive to a good reputation.

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.