Need help with USB extension cables!

ulrichburke

Dear Anyone.

OK, I SHOULD know this... but I don't. I've got an MP3 stick, basically it's a memory stick set up to play MP3s. Nothing fancy. Cost £6 online and still runs on disposable batteries-which is the problem. Because of the width of the battery-holder part of it, it doesn't plug snugly into my laptop's USB socket so I can't put any MP3s on it.

So I got told about extension cables. And found a lovely website HERE http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/produ...XTfRtm0RvXcFjVfRIiYFpyNXKk5tB9sPNgBoCNqrw_wcB

with loads of them at £1.90-ish - moderators, I am not affiliated with the above website, this is not spam, it is a genuine question. The question IS - I flat dunno which one to order. All the ends LOOK right, some look a LEETLE different and I don't want to order the wrong one.

Can someone please tell me WHICH cable I need to get? To reiterate - it's just an ordinary memory stick with a socket for headphones, basically. I need to plug its end into the cable and the cable into my laptop's USB socket, which I THINK is USB2.0 because it's an XP SP3 laptop that's got dinosaurs and mould growing out of it (well, virtually!)

Please, can someone tell me in detail what I need to order from the above site or any other site, if a mod. takes the link out? I'm just not good at this stuff and have no idea.

Yours hopefully

Chris.

beers

Staff member
If the stick doesn't sit flush with the laptop housing then that might help. The one you linked should be good. Just standard male to female on the same connector.