Need help with video cards

ROFLcopter

Hi All,

I've been looking to upgrade my ATI 5770 as some of my games will chug once in a while. I know that I will have to upgrade my PSU to do this but I'm wondering what newer video cards are there that handle textures/draw distance really well. I'm not looking for the latest and greatest but something just behind the pulse. Can't really give you my cost as I will be getting it through work but will probably be around 200-300.

Here are the games I'm having problems with:
Dawn of War 2 + expansions: There is a fair bit of effects that happen on the terrain that once they build up over a while will slow my computer down(Usually happens during The Last Stand for those that have played)

World of Tanks: Don't know why this one is on the list buy my video card doesn't like draw distances that much. Some maps can be 80-100 fps while other maps can be 20-50.

Tried doing some research into some cards but I'm not that far into the hardware scene to know what all the specs actually mean :/. Also my current monitor is a 24" LED that uses HDMI while I have a second 19" LCD that uses VGA.

Much appreciated

Troncoso

VIP Member
At that price range an HD6950 or a GTX 570, would be the best choices. And they will definitely blow your games away

jonnyp11

well the 570 is over 300, so i'm guessing you meant either the 560 or 560ti, second is better. but i would prob take the 6950 since it is a little faster if i remember right, might want to check benches.

jonnyp11

well mir isn't guaranteed and i'd take the galaxy for 10 more that rebates down cuz, although it has fewer, it has better reviews.