Need Help!

Droogie

New Member
Ok, I've been having this problem for awhile now and I have no idea of the cause. I have a pre-built Gateway PC, with a separate video card installed (ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT). The problem is that when I start certain games, they will function normally for no set period of time, and than out of no where the computer locks up, the screen turns black, and I'm left with a totally non-responsive PC, forcing me to power it off. When the crash occurs I can still hear the background audio though. I have my video card drivers up to date. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
Did you add the video card or did Gateway do it? It's possible something (the GPU?) is getting too hot and shutting down.
 
Also, pre-built systems aren't always known for their cooling capabilities. It's possible it's in a dead-air spot or there's simple not enough air movement. Have you checked the temp yet via SpeedFan or Everest?
 
Temperatures (Fahrenheit):
CPU: 75
CPU #1 / Core#1: 100
CPU #1 / Core#2: 104
Aux: 109
GPU Diode: 133
HD: 113
 
Back
Top