need help!!!

squidlyr6

ok i got an old dell from a local radio shack they no longer wanted but it has all the old radio shack programs on it i was woundering if i can take that off and just leave the xp on it or.... do i need to buy windows 7 and will that erase all the current stuff on my my comp any help would be appreciated thanks in advance:D

Mattu

You can go to "add or remove programs" and delete the ones you want in XP, however some my require a password to delete. You can also do what's called a "clean install" if you decide to buy Windows 7 and wipe out everything.

squidlyr6

You can go to "add or remove programs" and delete the ones you want in XP, however some my require a password. You can also do what's called a "clean install" if you decide to buy Windows 7.

see idk what the deal is but it doesnt even give me the option to add/remove programs idk if its a black from the factory for radio shack or what but maybe i will just get windows 7 was just trying to not put money into a 'free' comp its just gonna be used for fb and cruising the web

Mattu

^ Yeah it's not unusual for companies and institutions to heavily modify the OSes that they put on their computers to restrict access to certain features. You may want to stick around for more advice before pulling the trigger on Windows 7.

squidlyr6

^ Yeah it's not unusual for companies and institutions to heavily modify the OSes that they put on their computers to restrict access to certain features. You may want to stick around for more advice before pulling the trigger on Windows 7.

ok ty you for your help