need help

greetings first off i need some help.
i am building a pc for my mom a desktop to be specific. I am new to amd processors so i am a little bewildered on what is the best processor for speed and multitasking. I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Intel but my mother wants AMD i am buying stuff newegg so if you could tell me what is best processor for speed and multitasking on amd

thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

pslee

greetings first off i need some help.
i am building a pc for my mom a desktop to be specific. I am new to amd processors so i am a little bewildered on what is the best processor for speed and multitasking. I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Intel but my mother wants AMD i am buying stuff newegg so if you could tell me what is best processor for speed and multitasking on amd

thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

follow my steps. It is great machine. It cost me 1100 dollars (no monitor, speaker). And I assume that your mom is not a gamer, so get her a ok video card to save a buck or two.

follow my steps. It is great machine. It cost me 1100 dollars (no monitor, speaker). And I assume that your mom is not a gamer, so get her a ok video card to save a buck or two.

mom isnt a gamer at all but does like movies. she is a medical student on the island of nevis saint kitts in carribean so its safe to say she is not going to be in the us for a couple of years so she will be with her pc watching movies and what not.

lhoney2

Mom is an AMD fangirl? :)

Agreed, the 6000+ X2 is a fantastic chip for the money. I also think the 3800+ X2 is a great value. Just depends on how much performance you need. From the sound of it, she doesn't need a lot.

If all she's doing is watching movies with it, just get a lower end video card, even a 7600gs would do. If you really wanted to go cheap, you could get one of the boards with a 6100 integrated.

salman

even a 7600gs would do

My 7600GS has done me proud i can just about play most games on medium-high settings, so i think a 7600GS would do more than fine for you mother.