Need helping finding a cheap monitor please?!

lowki

I'm considering buying this monitor for 100$ brand new, is this a great model for the price? Also is it great for my graphic card? i have a 1060 zotac, i5-6600

ASUS 23-inch Full HD Wide-Screen Gaming Monitor [VX238H] 1080p, 1ms Rapid Response Time, Dual HDMI, Built in Speakers, Low Blue Light, Fliker Free, ASUS EyeCare

https://www.amazon.com/23-inch-Wide...=1486015845&sr=1-1&keywords=ASUS+1ms+Monitor5

My price range is around 75-150$ free shipping if possible, just looking for something small and simple maybe up to date. This monitor seem fairly old but seem great

The War Wagon

This may sound crazy, but I find awesome monitors at... my local pawn shop! :eek:

Not only do I find the occasional, ACTUAL, computer monitor on the cheap (as I type this, I'm sitting in front of my $60 Samsung S23C570, which works perfectly!), but if you want to go B-I-G, you can get HDTV's for a cheap monitor as well!

I'm building a mulitmedia rig for my church, and got a nice 40" HDTV (forget the name & model at the moment :rolleyes:) - 1080dpi - for $125 (was an $800+ TV when new - I do remember looking it up), as the "monitor." I was looking for a decent speaker system to go with it as well, and they'd had this Logitech X-540 surround sound speaker system sitting on the shelf for months, advertised for $25. I shop at this pawn shop often (tools, mostly, but I've bought everything from a snare drum & flute for my kids, to power inverters & a window a/c unit there), so the guys know me. I said, "Tell you what - throw these speakers in as well." They said - "Tell you what - take 'em - they're yours for free!" :cool:

SOME pawn shops WON'T carry computer gear, because as we ALL know from Craigslist - good LOOKING gear is sometimes still broken, virus-infected, etc. This shop carries a FEW laptop/tablet sorts of items, still new in the package, but never any desktop stuff, aside from monitors and speakers. But if there's a decent pawn shop nearby, check 'em out. They're used to a stream of people pawning/selling stuff, and if you've ever watched Pawn Stars, you see how weary they get, even dealing with something new, old, or different. But IF you're a BUYER, and a regular, they'll treat you MUCH better; in short order, you might be able to pick up some REAL bargains. EVEN on computer gear. :D

lowki

I appreciate the advice guys. :) so the monitor i'm buying is more than enough for my video card output?

I never checked my local pawn shop worrying it won't last long. I feel like they are trying to profit from you. I'm also unsure about the return policy but hmm well see.

JLuchinski

I appreciate the advice guys. :) so the monitor i'm buying is more than enough for my video card output?

I never checked my local pawn shop worrying it won't last long. I feel like they are trying to profit from you. I'm also unsure about the return policy but hmm well see.

It's a pawnshop, there business is making a profit, otherwise they wouldn't be around. Half of the stuff is usually stolen and there return policy on electronics is most likely non existent because there pawn shops. Just get the one in your first post, trust me you won't be disappointed and I'm pretty sure Amazon has a return policy. And that is a good GPU, will easily handle that monitor.