OK, been having some issues with memory lately

Patriot DDR3 Viper series.
supposed to run at 1600 standard without having to OC at all

had this memory a year and just now was aware that it is NOT running at
what it is supposed to (or so i think)
i have 2 pictures form CPUz to help with this problem

i have tried manually OCing and failed time and time again

thoughts comments and advice is appreciated thanks all

here is the memory i have currently http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220285

Asus M4A79T Deluxe MoBo

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 114
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 112

StrangleHold

Staff member
You need to manually set the Speed/Timing and Voltage, not just bump it up to 1600. And man, that stuff takes alot of voltage, 1.9V. Timing is 7-7-7-20.

Daemon

still didnt work

i did manually set the timing, i activated the manual setup over the DDR and put the timings in exact along with T2 and 7-7-720 and it wouldnt boot, voltage was at 1.9 as well =((

StrangleHold

Staff member
Did you set the tRC to 36? If so maybe try alittle looser timing. Something like 8-8-8-24 and see what happens.

Maybe even try bumping up the CPUNB voltage. These C2 Phenoms memory controllers, some had a hard time with 1600.

vladislav

i was told not to long ago the computer will post the memory speeds at what reg ddr ram run at. so then if your using ddr3 take that 535x3(3 b/c its ddr3) and your get right over 1600. so i think its runing fine.

Aastii

VIP Member
i was told not to long ago the computer will post the memory speeds at what reg ddr ram run at. so then if your using ddr3 take that 535x3(3 b/c its ddr3) and your get right over 1600. so i think its runing fine.

You are correct that memory speeds will be shown as lower, however it is the same for all DDR chips, that is DDR, DDR2 and DDR3, they all show half the speed, so 1600MHz RAM will show 800MHz, the numbers are the same as USB, USB2 and USB3, it is just different revisions. DDR3 can achieve higher frequencies, at lower voltages, and each chip can have a larger capacity

I would agree with what StrangleHold says, CPUNB/NB voltage bump will probably help your cause a bit. Will it work at 1333MHz with lower clocks, giving the same effective speed?

StrangleHold

Staff member

Nope. Its DDR/Double Data Rate. His memory is at 535mhz. So theoretically is running at 1077mhz. Really 1066, his bus must be running alittle over spec.

Daemon

memory

hers a screenshot of CPUZ when i set the freq to 1333 and change nothing else (everything else is on auto)

Attachments

• mempic.jpg
    mempic.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 56

Aastii

VIP Member
hers a screenshot of CPUZ when i set the freq to 1333 and change nothing else (everything else is on auto)

Why have you raised the clocks on that? It should, at stock, be CAS7 @ 1600MHz, so CAS7 at 1333MHz should be more than attainable...

Daemon

if i leave everything on auto (like the box says) it runs at 1066, as posted before

this is geting complicated >.< dont understand why it wont run at speed