Need new cpu any suggestions, gaming pc

rainerrocket

Honestly cant seem to decide between intel or amd, really would love to hear any suggestions on wat to get

Last edited:

rainerrocket

hmmm

well budget is bout 200, do you get any pros from overclocking, kinda new to pc gaming, coming from a console player

Virssagòn

VIP Member

Ankur

well budget is bout 200, do you get any pros from overclocking, kinda new to pc gaming, coming from a console player
Looking at your other thread I'll recommend a 'k' series CPU for overclocking.
There is a significant improvement in gaming if you overclock you CPU.
Looking at your budget of 180 for the mobo in the other thread, I think you will be getting a mobo of 150$?? With the 30$ saved you can add it to the CPU budget and get the unlocked 3570k for 230$ here http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=187_346_1184&products_id=20138 .

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Looking at your other thread I'll recommend a 'k' series CPU for overclocking.
There is a significant improvement in gaming if you overclock you CPU.
Looking at your budget of 180 for the mobo in the other thread, I think you will be getting a mobo of 150$?? With the 30$ saved you can add it to the CPU budget and get the unlocked 3570k for 230$ here http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=187_346_1184&products_id=20138 .

He lives in Australia, I linked the i5 3570K in previous post already :p.
And overclocking does make a little improvement, but not much.
For me it only made about 4-5 fps gain, but my gpu is holding me back I believe.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
PCCG is among the most reputable computer parts etailers in australia (if not the most reputable), it's definitely not a bad shop to order from. They're based in Melbourne, though, so I don't know how much shipping costs all that way.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
PCCG is among the most reputable computer parts etailers in australia (if not the most reputable), it's definitely not a bad shop to order from. They're based in Melbourne, though, so I don't know how much shipping costs all that way.

Yeh, I don't really know about the hardware shops there. You're right :p.

rainerrocket

basically im just trying to get to 100 posts, my friends told me forums are a good place to sell gaming pc's,unfortuantly most require you to be a member for 3 months or some shit,
ive already got a beast rig i7 3770 gtx 690,asrock extreme 4, noctua nh c14
im just looking to sell the thing

wolfeking

banned
you have to make 100 post with very few being crap post to sell. There have been members banned for making crap post to get to 100 post.

And just an FYI, things tend not to sell quick round these parts.