Need new monitor ASAP (24-27'inch)

Oppo

Just bought a 27'inch Samsung Curved for a fine amount, and didn't like it, probably because of the VA panel. It's mostly going to be used for video and casual gaming. Budget is whatever, just want the optimal for video/picture. Any tips?

Intel_man

VIP Member
I find curved to be completely useless outside of gaming. It completely destroys your perception of what is a straight line.

Are you looking for a 1080p panel? or a 1440p panel? or maybe even 4k?

Oppo

Yeah, it looked good on paper but in irl made me dizzy. 1440 is enough, and I think 27 might be to big actually, or maybe it was the curved that made me think that.

Laquer Head

Yeah, it looked good on paper but in irl made me dizzy. 1440 is enough, and I think 27 might be to big actually, or maybe it was the curved that made me think that.
27-28" is a great size.. I find 24" too small now.. but its personal preference.

Oppo

You think? Maybe i'm not used to it. Had a 24, thinking of 25 atm. But they're few and far between. I'm pretty close to the screen aswell.

Laquer Head

You think? Maybe i'm not used to it. Had a 24, thinking of 25 atm. But they're few and far between. I'm pretty close to the screen aswell.
Finding a good 25" aside... and there arent alot as its an oddball size.. why would you 'upgrade' only 1" screen size.

27-28" is the norm, I say.. unless your at 24" ... and then I'd be wanting g-sync/adaptive sync...and all the bells and whistles.

Oppo

Finding a good 25" aside... and there arent alot as its an oddball size.. why would you 'upgrade' only 1" screen size.

27-28" is the norm, I say.. unless your at 24" ... and then I'd be wanting g-sync/adaptive sync...and all the bells and whistles.

It's not mutch about the size as the quality, picture can become sht if it get's scaled badly with a bigger screen. What do you use?

Intel_man

VIP Member
I use a LG 34" 1440p ultrawide. :oops:

What kind of a system do you have @Oppo? That can gauge what sort of monitor you can get for gaming with decent/good performance.

Oppo

Intel Core i5-4450
ASUS GeForce GTX 960 2GB
8 GB ram

Damn I was going for the Dell Ultrasharp 25 UP2516D, but read in a lot of comments that Dell was useless etc. Bad refresh rate but i'm kinda in for the color coverage aswell. Any suggestions to a similar 25 inch with a great color spectre? Refresh rate could also need a upgrade there.

Laquer Head

Intel Core i5-4450
ASUS GeForce GTX 960 2GB
8 GB ram

Damn I was going for the Dell Ultrasharp 25 UP2516D, but read in a lot of comments that Dell was useless etc. Bad refresh rate but i'm kinda in for the color coverage aswell. Any suggestions to a similar 25 inch with a great color spectre? Refresh rate could also need a upgrade there.

yeah, that monitor is worth more than the sum of the parts listed.... It may/may not be a good monitor but doesn't make sense for the parts you have.,. just get a decent 1080p with 1-2ms refresh.. Unless you plan to build a new rig or at least upgrade the gpu.