Need New PC

Weskhan

New Member
Long story short my self-built PC that ran great for about 3 years was just destroyed by somebody and now I need a new one. I decided that I'm just going to buy a pre-built PC instead of trying to repair it myself because I'm scared I'll buy new parts and it still won't work. My plan is to buy a new one and replace the video card with my Geforce GTX 9800+.

So here is my problem. I'm looking for a pc in the $500-$600 price range that has at least 4gb RAM (6gb if possible), a processor better than or equal to Intel Dual Core 2.6 GHZ, any decent motherboard, any video card (replacing with GTX 9800+).

However the MAIN problem is trying to see if the case will fit in my GTX 9800+, the card is very large and I'm scared I'll buy a PC and it won't fit. Can somebody give me some options? I'm having some trouble finding a PC that meets these specs. Thanks!
 
I recommend building your own pc instead of buying a prebuilt machine. You will need to look for a case with room in it especially near where the video card would go. You might want to find a case where the hard drives face out toward the side of the case instead of facing toward the motherboard. And most likely unless you buy a gaming machine the power supply that will be in a prebuilt won't be able to run your video card.
 
That's what I figured. Alright so I guess I'm going to just rebuild. But the biggest problem I have is picking out a motherboard. And how big of a power supply will I need for that monster card?
 
Could somebody please point out to me a motherboard on Tigerdirect I should get? I just want a decent one that will work for my setup. Also I was wondering how strong my power supply should be to support the video card. If anybody could, please point me out a good power supply for the setup.

RAM : 4-6GB DDR2
Video : Geforce GTX 9800+
Processor : Intel Dual Core 2.6 GHZ or better (Only intel)

Thanks!
 
Well, you can't use the I5 because its not compatible with the motherboard, so you'll have to stick with the first choice.
 
I already have Windows 7 and my hard drive. If that motherboard will work, cheaper is always better in my situation at the moment. I guess Ill get the dual core and that motherboard. Is the i5 that much faster? Would it be worth it?
 
If you get the I5 you will have to get a different motherboard and memory so it all depends on your budget.
 
I doubt you could get a system with a Core i5 Processor for under $600. If you want to spend about $700 you probably could do it. The Core i5 750 is very good and a lot more powerful than any Core 2 Duo Processor.
 
Back
Top