Need new router.

tolly

right guys there is already a router in my house but alot of people use it and slow down the connection alot. i want to buy my own 1 and put it in my room i play games alot so i need a good connection. My question is because our other router is connected to the modem will i have to connect it to the modem as well ?

AdmnPower

VIP Member
Yes, if you wanted your own separate network you would need to have your router connected to the modem as well. You may be disappointed though, adding a router won't cure a lack of bandwidth. Meaning, if stuff is running slow because your internet connection is not fast enough to handle what you're asking of it adding a router won't help. If you connection is slow due to lots of wireless users on the router and your distance from the router, adding your own could help.

tolly

on my laptop i can play games with no lag at all ( connection wise ) on my computer i lagg alot. thats why i want to use ethernet cable

AdmnPower

VIP Member
A lot of things can cause lag, what you're saying is leading me to believe that the problem is something to do with your computer since you're implying that the laptop doesn't really ever have any issues and the other computer always has issues.