[Need Of Help] Please Review

Fixxwisx

Hello, Im buyin this new computer tomorrow i think, and id like to know what operating system i should use. If anyone could help me id appriciate it alot

Parts:
Case: Miditower
Fans: 2x 120, 1x 80mm
The case is: 510 x 422 x 185 mm (Not sure if it is it)
Procesor: AMD Athlon2 X3 460, AM3 3,4Ghz Tripple core

RAM: 4 Gb (2x2) Room For 2 more!
Grapics card: AMD Radeon HD6670 1GB
Directx 11
1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI, 2 x Mini DisplayPort
Hard Drive: 500Gb 7200RPM, 32mb cache Serial ATA-300

Mothercard MSI 760GM-E51
PCI-express x16 : 1
PCI-express x1 (lediga): 1
PCI 32-bits (lediga): 2 (2)
Samsung SH-222AB, SATA
AXP 480w

Link: http://www.speldatorn.se/cgi-bin/pr...de=gamer460-18&mall=mall_vara_stationara.html
Sedish site so you prob use google trans.
Feel Free to ask me anything and thanks in before

Fixxwisx

Wich one would fit me the most?
Ill do programing/gaming/recording the most
Also i do not wanna have any overclock things

Fluffysheep

I would suggest Windows 7 Professional 64 bit for what you'll be using it for. Windows 8 has some restrictions that may not allow you to install certain software that you may use for gaming/programming.

spirit

Staff member
Disregard what Fluffy Sheep said, Windows 8 would work fine.

It's up to you, but I'd go for Windows 7 64-bit myself. You definitely want to go 64-bit with this though.

Fixxwisx

Thanks For the help! I'll Prob go with windows 7 64 bit. is it possible to instal it manualy?
since i can buy this computer with/without them.

wolfeking

banned
Please do not disregard what I said, it was just extra information to know, here is what I mean: http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/201...ohibits-explicit-apps-from-the-windows-store/
are you kidding? None of that will in any way affect gamers and programmers. It affects newbs like you that actually intend to use the app store on windows. And for teh most part it only restricts distribution of apps that do not have an age rating. So no unrated movies. Nothing more.

Fluffysheep

Again as I said before, it is just extra knowledge one might want to be aware of. Clearly I had also already made my suggestion of Windows 7 64 bit, which everyone agreed with. Unnecessary hostility will get you nowhere buddy.

wolfeking

banned
Windows 8 has some restrictions that may not allow you to install certain software that you may use for gaming/programming.
Its not that you are giving the knowledge, its the fact that you are pawning it off as fact when you are WRONG. Get with the program.

and OP. Go windows 8. It is the current supported OS, and a very good one at that. You will have no issue with it. Going windows 7 now is just nonsense.

Fixxwisx

I would suggest Windows 7 Professional 64 bit for what you'll be using it for. Windows 8 has some restrictions that may not allow you to install certain software that you may use for gaming/programming.

Id haveto go with Fluff on this one. I enjoy playing minecraft and i am use to older version of windows. If there would be a ''new'' Windows xp id choose that one over anything. But windows 7 Sounds way more legit then windows 8 from what ive read

AlienMenace

On one part of Fluffysheep, Windows 7 Pro x64 is the way to go. Not the Home premium. The Home Premium has the max ram of 16gb, Where as the pro and Ultimate has 192gb max.
But, I rather use Windows 8 Pro x64. Which I do.

You have to remember that Windows 7 will probably be slightly better for third party software as it has been about longer, has had many updates released, but if you want something newer, go for 8...again...I stand at Windows 7 Professional x64.