Need professional help

flukeman022

I bought this item (Wentronic 68908-GB Pinout 2 x CAT5 Ethernet 1 x RJ45 Plug to 2 x RJ45 Jack) from a third party seller on Amazon. I tried using it to connect my British Telecom Hub (router) and house phone to the internet on the same ethernet wall outlet but one of the two female RJ45 connectors is faulty so I asked for my money back.

Product Description

Other Characteristics:
Cable length: 0.15 m
Cable standard: Cat5
Colour of product: Grey
Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports: 3
RJ-45 input ports: 1
RJ-45 output ports: 2
Wall mountable: Y

Manufacturer's Description
Pinout 2 x CAT 5 Ethernet 1 x RJ45 plug to 2 x RJ 45 jack
CAT T-Adapter 2x 10/100 BaseT

Usable as port doubler for Cat 5 connections
suitable for 10/100Mbit network connections

pinout:
RJ45 plug RJ45 jack1 RJ45jack2
1 1
2 2
3 3
6 6
4 1
5 2
7 3
8 6
lenght 15 cm
laenge 15 cm

In the E-mail discussions

Me - "I was going to use one female end for the landline and the other for the router"

Seller - "That is not what this is for I’m afraid. It is a Cat 5 network splitter for computer networks"

Seller - "I understand what you are trying to do but this adapter is for a computer network and so the splitter will not pass through your router and land line. It is not the purpose of the product, let’s say for example you were an office and you had lots of work stations connected to your Server (Network, not internet network but your internal computer network) and wanted to add a desk and PC you could use this to spur one station off to two."

But even when I tried to do it his way to spur one station off to two by connecting my laptop to my PC it was still the same one of the female end is defective. Saying I am using it wrong so he refused to give my money back.

So is he telling lies or am i using it wrong?