Need recomendation on gaming router

colt1911

I need to buy a good gaming router and would like to know what you guys are using or would recommend. Thanks

PohTayToez

The only difference between a "gaming router" and any other router is that routers that are labeled as being specifically for gaming have settings that allow for easy prioritization of gaming applications. You can do this with most other routers as well, it just requires a little extra setup.

ghost

PohTayToez, you have not tried port forwarding to multiple comps on a homehub then! :p

As said a lot of it is down to user configuration, however the more generic routers are locked down and simplified which is great until you need to do something most users wont...

I have been a netgear fan boy for a while now however there's many routers out there that offer the same thing.

I'm looking at getting the Netgear DGN2200

PohTayToez

Just had to look up what a Home Hub is. When it comes to VoIP routers (a lot of people use Vonage around here), I like to just disable everything on them and turn them into switches and let my own router do the work. Much less headache.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Just had to look up what a Home Hub is. When it comes to VoIP routers (a lot of people use Vonage around here), I like to just disable everything on them and turn them into switches and let my own router do the work. Much less headache.

I have vonage and thats basically what I did. Turned it into a switch and let my Linksys router handle everything.