I'm needing some help with a build. I'm pretty good with computers but have no idea on building a good one. Basically I'm going to be using the computer for doing Architectural Drawings(AutoCAD), Photoshop, and some Gaming(Rfactor). Along with all the normal uses. Wanting to find the best parts i can for around $1,000-1,100. I'll use the 8 step format from the computer build thread.
1. Where are you located?
Kansas
2. How much are you willing to spend?
$1,000-1,100
3. What will you primarly use the computer for?
Architectural Drawings(AutoCAD), Photoshop, and some Gaming
(Rfactor).
4. Which online stores/retail shops do you prefer to buy from?
Newegg. Microcenter- doesn't really matter just the best deal
5. If you have doubts about anything, ask us! We are here to help.
10-4
6. What Programs/Tasks/Games will you run on the computer?
Above.... Looking at getting a pretty good graphics card and processor(Intel I-5 or I-7), also need a wireless card
7. Are you willing to go over budget? If so by how much?
Stay around $1,1oo
8. Do you need anything besides the computer itself? (monitor, keyboard, operating system etc.)
The $1,100 is what i have budgeted for just the tower. I need to find a nice big LCD monitor to go along with it($200-300). I can get windows 7 thru my school so don't figure that in either.
So I am basically looking to put together a pretty decent computer with reliable parts that will last me awhile. I will need a good amount of memory and storage. Also a dvd R/W and Power source and whatever else is needed to put a computer together.
1. Where are you located?
Kansas
2. How much are you willing to spend?
$1,000-1,100
3. What will you primarly use the computer for?
Architectural Drawings(AutoCAD), Photoshop, and some Gaming
(Rfactor).
4. Which online stores/retail shops do you prefer to buy from?
Newegg. Microcenter- doesn't really matter just the best deal
5. If you have doubts about anything, ask us! We are here to help.
10-4
6. What Programs/Tasks/Games will you run on the computer?
Above.... Looking at getting a pretty good graphics card and processor(Intel I-5 or I-7), also need a wireless card
7. Are you willing to go over budget? If so by how much?
Stay around $1,1oo
8. Do you need anything besides the computer itself? (monitor, keyboard, operating system etc.)
The $1,100 is what i have budgeted for just the tower. I need to find a nice big LCD monitor to go along with it($200-300). I can get windows 7 thru my school so don't figure that in either.
So I am basically looking to put together a pretty decent computer with reliable parts that will last me awhile. I will need a good amount of memory and storage. Also a dvd R/W and Power source and whatever else is needed to put a computer together.
Last edited: