need some help

gti24guy

Please explain some monitor stuff to me.....like whats it that makes the picture more detailed and clearer? dot pich?
I know what resolution is....monitors have always been my weak point when it comes to computers.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The lower the dot pitch, the clearer the image. But it's not that simple. The quality of the image also depends on the type of display, manufacturer of the monitor, max supported refresh rate (for CTRs), consumer target (low-end monitors usually are very crappy), etc.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Please explain some monitor stuff to me.....like whats it that makes the picture more detailed and clearer? dot pich?
I know what resolution is....monitors have always been my weak point when it comes to computers.
Dot pitch and resolution-refresh support are the defining characteristics of monitors. You'll want a low dot pitch (no more than 0.25mm really) and a higher resolution support (at least 1280x1024)

graphics card makes the Detailed more clearer
Not really, the qualit limitation is the display, the performance limitation is the video card

The quality of the image also depends on the type of display, manufacturer of the monitor, max supported refresh rate
Yeah gotta love the way it gets complicated :p