Need the pros help

irongeek2012

How hard would it be to set up security cameras networking? Meaning, I want to see the cameras over the internet and phone. All help is greatly appreciated.
My friend installed cameras in her house but she is having A LOT of trouble trying to see the cameras over the internet and phone.

You could simply setup a website and point the IP address to it so she can watch her security cameras? Is this correct? If not, what method do you recommend? When I get more information I will post ASAP. Thank you.

compaqman

I have done quite a bit of CCTV work in the past few years. Many of the consumer grade DVR's will allow the viewing of cameras over the internet.

Once you have something like that set up, you will just visit an IP address, enter credentials, and you can view up to 16 cameras simultaneously (if you have enough upload bandwidth)

Although this may have many more features than you need, I would avoid getting multiple IP cameras. That makes everything more complicated. Trust me.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/765731-REG/EverFocus_ECOR264_8D2_1T_ECOR264_8D2_1T_8_Channel_Compact.html

Everfocus even has an App for iOS and Android. This stuff works brilliantly!