NEED u guyz for smth

H0nDA2000

hey... its for my pc i like to know what do u think and what shall i upgrade ..
i use my comp .. for downloading/watching movies .. GAMES a lot .. photoshoping and stuff....
whell its a p4 2.8 ...
with 1024 ddr333 ram
Nvidia 3D GeFORCE 5700 256MB
2x80GB HD's
a Mitsubishi Diamond Plus tfw 21" (heh that am not gonna change) :p
the deafult (i dont know wich) powersupply
the deafult mb http://www.msicomputer.com/product/...5GEM-L&class=mb
----------
now .. i dont have much money .. i have like 200-300 euros ...
i think i should get a new MB better for overclocking (to get my 2.8 to 3.0 or 3.2 smth)
and a new gaming mouse :p MX-518 (i guess is the best)
-------------
tell me what do u think .. what i MUST upgrade .. what i should upgrade ...
u know gimme some ideas ... :confused:

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
You said you game a lot, you miht want to look at upgrading your grpahics card, 5700 isnt exactly top of the line any more, take a look at GeForce 6600, the 6800's and 7800's are probably out of your price range. If you are into games then this is a MUST upgrade. RAM seems ok, no need to upgrade there, depends on your timings, what are they? Overclocking is only good if it can be done and still be stable, you may need a very good board and decent cooling solutions to overclock in a stable fashion.

H0nDA2000

wheeeel... in gaming i am a lot like i play 10 hours a day counter-strike 1.6 with 100fps(thats fine)...and i play GTA:SA with 20-30fps :p [and yes i think an upgrade on the graphic card should e a must].
now .. how to check the ram timings ? (what prog) ?
or a good mb i think... i think oc would be stable caz i just whant it a small oc like to go to 3.0 :p .... any other ideas ?

kof2000

i think u just need to upgrade ur card. u can download EVEREST it will tell u the brand and the timing.

H0nDA2000

untitled4sk.jpg

my timings i think

should i go for 6600gt how much is it ? or should i go directly for 9800 pro or smth ?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
should i go for 6600gt how much is it ? or should i go directly for 9800 pro or smth ?
Well either one will be better than your 5700 now.... question is ... do you have a 5700 or a 5700LE?