NEED upgrade for Crysis...

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Hey guys, im running WInXP on the system in my rig... so what upgrades do i need to be able to play crysis?? lol hope is not the whole thing! i dont want to max it out, as long as i can play it ina a decent resolution...

Thanks for any input. :p

CG man

Get another 1 GB of ram its def going to be more than 1GB to run. Best thing to do is try the demo when it comes out.

DirtyD86

banned
the CPU should be enough to play it at a decent level. since no one really knows the required specs as of now, thats nothing more than a guess though. didnt check into your mobo to see what ram it takes, but you should consider an upgrade to 2 gigs of 800 or 1066 ram. the faster the better really. if youre on xp or vista 32 bit, 2 gigs should be enough. 64 bit vista you might want to go with 3 or even 4 gigs.

and as far as the GPU goes, get the nicest damn card you can afford

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Unfortunately i have a rather old PC from 1 1/2 years ago give or take, it uses pc3200 ram, i know its slow and not a lot of variety... 1gb sticks for 3200 are at around $55 at newegg so that should work right?? and about the card i agree and am saving for the 8800gts.

So the final rig after upgrades should look like this:

X2 3800+ 2.0GHz
2GB - pc3200
EVGA 8800GTS

does that sound decent for crysis?

CG man

It's kick ass if that CPu is dual core prob need quad core for full settings on its coded for quad core.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Yeah, it is dual core, and about the quad, i just could not afford to get one of those... so then im going to save for the 8800gts after i get some more ram. Thanks for the advice :)

99F

banned
Well why don't you wait until it comes out and you can get actual benchmarks instead of buying everything now.. and prices will go down by then

CG man

25th of sep and you can download it and then look for bottlenecks nothing wrong with 3200 ram its lack of it that will make it run at hard drive speed.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I honestly don't think it'll be as much of a system hog as most people make it out to be.

The devs have spent much time optimizing, and tweaking the engine, geometry, coding and so on. It can play on 3 year old gaming machines for christ sake, whether or not it will be appealing at that level is unknown, but it shows the devs commitment to make this game plain playable, and justly so.

So i agree. :D

Kornowski

VIP Member
Look at Bioshock, how well does that run on most people's rigs, fantastically! I think Crysis will be the same, they're spending more time optimizing the games, and getting them to run a LOT better! It's well worth the wait, better than just throwing the game together with loads of bugs and half the world not being able to play it!

So the actual game comes out the 25th? What about the Demo?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
The demos coming out on the 25th AFAIK. We're going to have to wait a bit longer for the game itself. BTW the 25th is the same day Halo 3 is launched.. ballsy if i do say so myself.