net not loading properly

pwoaa

Hey guys, I have a problem with my internet where it isn't loading properly.

Each time i try open a page it comes up with the "server not found" stuff untill i retry it up too 10 times and it finally works! Also when it does work all the pictures ect don't load properly only some of them do.

It is really annoying. Also i am not very computer literate so any answers to my problem would be appreciated in a way i could understand.
Cheers

P.S We are using wireless internet, it happens on both laptop and deskstop but i dont think it happned before we had wireless.
Cheers

axgrinder73

Can you give some more details?

What type of ISP (cable, DSL, dial-up)? How is your network set up? Does this happen only while loading your home page or does it happen to any web page?

pwoaa

It's broadband, happens to any web page. It's set up through i wireless router.

I'm not sure if thats what u mean?

axgrinder73

It will take a little bit of time (maybe up to 15 - 20 seconds) for a computer to connect to a wireless network once the computer is turned on or logged onto. Is it possible that you are starting the computer up and trying to get on the web before your computer has had a chance to get connected?

As far as not loading all of the web page, that could be a few of issues. Maybe a security setting, or that a web page is written in a format that is not loaded on your computer.

What web browser are you using? Have you tried any others?

pwoaa

Yes I have tried using firefox, explorer and opera. It is the same with all browsers! My network is unsecured and I am unsure how to lock it/secure it???

Could this have an impact on what is happening?

axgrinder73

Yes, I supose that it is possible that others are stealing you bandwidth and slowing down your connection.

I enable MAC address filtering on my WAP to keep others off. You could also enable WEP or WEB and not let the router broadcast the SSID.

Make sure to change the default password as well,

Your router documentation should explain how to do all of this. If you do not have the maunal, you can probably find it online.

Let us know how it goes.

-Rob

pwoaa

Any one else know what this problem could be?? It is really irratating.

I have to reload practically every web page 3-4 times!

any help would be great.

PS. Also once a page has loaded say the page is full of pictures. Not all of those pictures will load only a few untill i keep refreshing.

Last edited:

pwoaa

we are using to computers, it is doing the same thing with both of them. I don't think that computer has anything to do with the problems though the specs of the laptop im on are:

120 gb. 1.73ghz , 1gb ram duel processor.

and the desktop is similar

pwoaa

come on guys, I'm about to punch my laptop so hard it's not funny.

Somebody help save a computer lol

axgrinder73

Yes, I supose that it is possible that others are stealing you bandwidth and slowing down your connection.

I enable MAC address filtering on my WAP to keep others off. You could also enable WEP or WEB and not let the router broadcast the SSID.

Make sure to change the default password as well,

Your router documentation should explain how to do all of this. If you do not have the maunal, you can probably find it online.

Let us know how it goes.

-Rob

Have you done any of this?

We can't wave a magic wand and fix your computer. You need try the things we tell you and post the results.

Have you ever done a tracert to see where the traffic is being dropped?

pwoaa

ok guys I have secured my network but it is still the same?

Sorry mate i tried doing a tracert but didn't understand how or what I am looking at?

zarfy

I had similar problem, for example I was on-line but my browser wouldn't open any pages and I kept getting the answer "server not found" so what I did was I checked options "Allow Outgoing DNS/DHCP in Trusted/Internet Zone on High setting" in my firewall advanced options (ZoneAlarm) and since then I am able to open any pages with my browser.

I'm not sure if this is a solution but seems to work for me.

pwoaa

Mine works on and off though, From what your saying urs didn't work at all? So i doubt it would be that? And I reste my modem and nothing lol.. Sorry guys but i can't fix it