Net Send on Windows 7

Twinbird24

Hey, I have Windows 7 Home Premium and I've noticed that the net send command doesn't work. Is there some another way to send messages or a third-party software I can download that will let me send messages to other computers without the receiving computer having to download any additional software or updates. Thanks!

tremmor

netsend is one i always missed. ya might want to try something like remote with windows or realvnc. there are others. its remote software. loved netsend at work. they did not have a clue. i was playin only though.

whs

C:\Windows\system32>net send /?
The syntax of this command is:

NET
[ ACCOUNTS | COMPUTER | CONFIG | CONTINUE | FILE | GROUP | HELP |
HELPMSG | LOCALGROUP | PAUSE | SESSION | SHARE | START |
STATISTICS | STOP | TIME | USE | USER | VIEW ]

Twinbird24

Thanks for the replies. I don't need remote access of another computer (which is what realVNC does?). I was just wondering is there is something similar to net send that I can use.

tremmor

im curious as to why. it could be useful. i checked around at many sites and not getting much information. Really i think Tlarkin needs to reply. he may have a different answer or work around. we will see.
now i want to know........

tremmor

think ya might have something there. will check it out.
I know i always had to have the messenger service running before to use net send. will check it out shortly. thanks

Twinbird24

I've visited that link with the MSG.exe before, it's not installed on my Windows 7 and I'm not sure if there's a place I can download it for Windows 7 64x. Right now I'm looking at http://www.cezeo.com/products/netsend/, maybe it will help.
[edit] nvm, you need to have software installed on the receiving computer to receive the message, and I don't think it will work for windows 7 64x.

Last edited: