Netbooks

Drenlin

"dual" core is what you're looking for :)

They exist, but they're rare.

Last edited:

Stildawn

Im not after a laptop, actually the smaller the better. I want a PC that is so small I could almost carry it in my pocket lol.

It will be mainly for mobile internet and some gaming if Im ever bored somewhere.

Those prices are in NZ dollars... I dont consider 380 NZ bucks to be that much. Hell my graphics card cost way more.

Drenlin

IF you want any gaming, you're going to have to wait on one with ION graphics. Both of those with the 550 have integrated Intel chips.

Asus did have one with the n330(also a dual core) and an ION gpu, though. Not sure if you can still get it.

Stildawn

Ive been reading around and Im probably wrong but Im getting the impression that AMD Neo chips are better than Atoms?

By gaming I mean like I dont expect to play the latest and greatest games on it... I sorta just after something that would play games like Civ4 and Medieval Total War 2... Just old games that are good time wasters since this netbook will be my "Im bored but away from my computer" device lol... Like Ill use it when I take flights to places, or wait for a doctors appointment or away on holiday away from internet etc...

daisymtc

Ive been reading around and Im probably wrong but Im getting the impression that AMD Neo chips are better than Atoms?

By gaming I mean like I dont expect to play the latest and greatest games on it... I sorta just after something that would play games like Civ4 and Medieval Total War 2... Just old games that are good time wasters since this netbook will be my "Im bored but away from my computer" device lol... Like Ill use it when I take flights to places, or wait for a doctors appointment or away on holiday away from internet etc...

AMD neo not worth. Those netbook with neo has a shorter battery life.
Also, netbook don't have DVD drive, they don't expect you play game on it.
What is your budget?

Stildawn

AMD neo not worth. Those netbook with neo has a shorter battery life.
Also, netbook don't have DVD drive, they don't expect you play game on it.
What is your budget?

They dont have DVD drives? Lol how do you install stuff then?

Well my budget depends on the features I dont really have a budget but wouldnt want to spend more than say NZ$600 unless its really awesome lol.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
They dont have DVD drives? Lol how do you install stuff then?

Well my budget depends on the features I dont really have a budget but wouldnt want to spend more than say NZ$600 unless its really awesome lol.

External DVD drive. There's no way they can fit a DVD drive into a netbook.

daisymtc

I buy all my games through steam. I actually have no optical drive on my computer right now. For the rare occasions I need one I just hook up an external USB DVD drive.

I see. Boardband in UK is relatively slow, can't be bothered to download large file...

kiddfroster

Atom sucks

The Atom sucks for gaming, especially since it is an in-order processor, rather than out of order, which is why it uses so little power. Idk if this was switched with the N550, but still, it's not good for gaming. World of Goo works though!. :p