Netgear ReadyNAS - Printer sharing possible?

The VCR King

I have a Netgear WNDR4500 router and it has ReadyNAS, and I have a 500GB USB hard drive plugged into it and in Windows I managed to figure out the IP address of the ReadyNAS and I assigned it a drive letter and now anything that connects to my Netgear router (such as my phone or PS3) can see the USB hard drive as a media server and I can save stuff to it or like I did for a Thanksgiving party I loaded some music onto it and streamed it to the PS3 in the family room.

Anyways, would I be able to hook my non-wireless printer into the second USB port on my ReadyNAS router and use it as a print server?

beers

Staff member
Probably not unless it's part of the firmware.

Alternatively you could use something like a raspberry pi to bridge the printer's USB and having a system to control jobs to the printer via ethernet.

The VCR King

Probably not unless it's part of the firmware.

Alternatively you could use something like a raspberry pi to bridge the printer's USB and having a system to control jobs to the printer via ethernet.
Thanks for the simple answer @beers ! I thought it probably wouldn't work but I thought I'd ask you guys to be sure. Is there a firmware like DDWRT that I can flash to my router and make it a printer server and NAS combo?

Intel_man

VIP Member
I didn't even know it had a user guide... I bought this router at BestBuy and the guide wasn't in the box.
2f7.png