"Network Cable Unpluged" but it's not.

ajw06

my computer displays "Network Cable Unpluged" but it's not. I looked at the motherboard and there are no lights on next the the socket.

Any Ideas.

Geoff

VIP Member
If it says the network cable is unplugged, and you are SURE that it is securely plugged into the back of your computer, then there could be two causes.

The first and most likely cause is that the other end is not connected, although it is possible that there is a break in the cable or a short, which is causing it to display that message.

ajw06

I know the cable can't be brocken because there was a computer connected to the same cable and network point there before it.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Are you going through a router? Have you installed/checked the drivers? Go to device manager and see how it's doing. Does it have a exclamation mark by it?

ajw06

The computer that won't connect was connected to the network before it has just bee moved to a new location. It is going through a switch box.

Geoff

VIP Member
I don't believe it is a driver issue because if there was no driver then you wouldnt see the NIC listed.

So you have checked the other side of the connection which is connected to the switch, correct?

brian

VIP Member
how about, is it enabled, so if you right click on the network it should say dissable. so if you click it it would disable it (meaning it is enabled now)

Last edited:

ajw06

i have checked both ends of the connection. as i said the light on the mothboard is not lit up. i dought it is the drivers because i was using it ten minutes before i mothed it.