Network Isolation

TranquilChant

Hey, I'm new here in the forums but was wondering if anyone would help me. I'm somewhat computer savvy but not regarding these kinds of things. My question is ... is there any way that I can block certain computers from accessing mine? I am a college student and my roommate is a complete psycho (he, go figure, also knows a lot about computers). I have a feeling that he is going to sabotage my computer (he's threatened it before) when I move out of the room into another room. Of course, I can't really have that happening because my schoolwork is on it. He is just that kind of person. He's very violent and vengeful and is already angry at me. We are all on a network here and people within a dorm can see other people in the dorm over the network. Is there anyone that can tell me how to stop him from being able to do anything to my computer over the network?

Thanks,

See y'around,
TranquilChant

TranquilChant

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to use a personal firewall on campus. I used to use ZoneAlarm but we are protected by a campus-wide firewall that, supposedly, my personal firewall would interfere with.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. Any other ideas?

See y'around,
TranquilChant