Network my xbox 360 through my pc?

Michael

My pc has a wireless connection to my router which is a few rooms over, that's connected to a 6mb connection.. I don't have the xbox 360 wireless adaptor, but it has the ethernet adapter built into the rear, I'm wondering if I can somehow ethernet my xbox 360 to my ethernet on my pc and use my pc to host the internet for my xbox 360 through the pc's wireless connection?

I don't want to buy another adapter for my xbox 360 ($99) and I have cat5 cable already, would this work? Running the ethernet from the xbox 360 to the computer's ethernet then somehow creating a network for the 360 to work through the pc for the internet?

conorrules_88

Yeah its pretty easy, just plug it in using the ethernet cable from the xbox to the pc, the go to my network connections ( on ur pc) and highlight the lan port and ur wlan port, then right click and select brigge.

Ive got a similar problem but what i want to do instead of having to bring the computer in everytime is i want to use one of my spare wireless routers and plug the ethernet port in to the xbox and router then link our access point to the router connected to the xbox.

Conor

bcohen4

My pc has a wireless connection to my router which is a few rooms over, that's connected to a 6mb connection.. I don't have the xbox 360 wireless adaptor, but it has the ethernet adapter built into the rear, I'm wondering if I can somehow ethernet my xbox 360 to my ethernet on my pc and use my pc to host the internet for my xbox 360 through the pc's wireless connection?

I don't want to buy another adapter for my xbox 360 ($99) and I have cat5 cable already, would this work? Running the ethernet from the xbox 360 to the computer's ethernet then somehow creating a network for the 360 to work through the pc for the internet?

yeah people used to use network manipulation with a bridged connection on the regular xbox A LOT but I think they did something to prevent that on the 360.

th3ha1og0d

You can do that. Takes a couple of minutes. All you have to do is connect the Xbox 360 lan port to your pc's lan port, and simply go to your network connections in Windows, select both connections, and right click and select "bridge connections"

It works very well.

I know this from experience lol I have had my 360 bridged to my pc for a few weeks now and it works just fine. No issues whatsoever.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your network cards though.

Last edited:

ilya124

so thats what u have 2 do. lol, i was pluggin it in 2 a laptop and it didnt work, but now my 360 is hooked up 2 ma fios modem. awesomness lol

Michael

Yeah its pretty easy, just plug it in using the ethernet cable from the xbox to the pc, the go to my network connections ( on ur pc) and highlight the lan port and ur wlan port, then right click and select brigge.

Ive got a similar problem but what i want to do instead of having to bring the computer in everytime is i want to use one of my spare wireless routers and plug the ethernet port in to the xbox and router then link our access point to the router connected to the xbox.

Conor

yeah people used to use network manipulation with a bridged connection on the regular xbox A LOT but I think they did something to prevent that on the 360.

You can do that. Takes a couple of minutes. All you have to do is connect the Xbox 360 lan port to your pc's lan port, and simply go to your network connections in Windows, select both connections, and right click and select "bridge connections"

It works very well.

I know this from experience lol I have had my 360 bridged to my pc for a few weeks now and it works just fine. No issues whatsoever.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your network cards though.

so thats what u have 2 do. lol, i was pluggin it in 2 a laptop and it didnt work, but now my 360 is hooked up 2 ma fios modem. awesomness lol

You guys realize I posted this on 12-06-2006, 02:35 PM , right?

Ah, memories.. I can't believe I ever had trouble hooking up my 360.

-Michael

Dingo Dave

there are these things where u can plug em into a wall socket and plug an ethernet cable into it and it will connect

azwebs

Afaik, you can't. You can connect wireless access points (ap's) to your existing wired network so they broadcast wlan in other areas.

There is probably a way of doing it, but I've never heard of it. I help build our school pc's and maintain them and the network (like 700 pcs atm) and ap's are the only way I know of.