network not working, please help

axgrinder73

Have you tried to run it again? It's hard to tell but I don't think that the problem is with windows (maybe just some settings.)

If it were me, I would try to reinstall the disk from your ISP. I could be wrong, but I have never seen a gateway address that is a different class that the issued IP.

dodgygezza

removing tiscali

how do i remcve all the tiscali stuff coz i dont wanna acidently take sumthing off i cant get back on lol

axgrinder73

You can click start - search - All files and folders - then enter a criteria and manually delete them.

OR

You could just try to install it over the current version.

LA1

I second that about the reformat, what are you going to do if after the reformat you stillhave the same issue ? I think it is something from the back of the pc to the wall. Make sure your link light on your network card comes on when you plug in the cat5 cable , also the same at the router. Make sur that your network card is not disabled in windows.

dodgygezza

ok this is so annoying. Turned my pc on today and everything is working fine!!! how annoying, i put my avg back online to get the updates and stuff and i have loads of viruses!!! ahhh! there is one in the dfrgresq.dll file which is in the system 32 folder, can i just delete the file or will this mess up my pc?

the locations of the viruses are the following,
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dfrgresq.dll the virus is packed.morphine.d
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dpnwsockp.dll the virus is trojan horse BHO.CVX
C:\DOCUME~1\sam\Locals~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.250\holzed.exe

what should i do about them cheers sam?