networking concept behind two account access through same network using two browsers

mad479

hello friends i need answer to one question please help me

i try to login to 2 different facebook account on same browser in same computer dose not work but if i use 2 different browsers then i can log in 2 different account at same time on same computer having single internet connection (in my case my wireless modem)

this happen with gmail and others accounts also.

what is the reason behind how can i access two different account of similar type(like facebook ,gmail) on same computer using two different browser???

what is networking concept behind this????????

waiting for your response please help..........:(

jspears80

Typically web browsers will only hold one session per website. The reason is because if two people could be logged in at the same time, how does the browser know who is at the computer?

When you use a different browser it is using a totally different session and doesn't effect other browsers connections.

Your ISP has nothing to do with anything really. The only time this might be the case is if the website itself only allows one connection from your IP address (all computers in your house share the same public IP). This is pretty rare, at least with social media websites.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Typically web browsers will only hold one session per website. The reason is because if two people could be logged in at the same time, how does the browser know who is at the computer?

When you use a different browser it is using a totally different session and doesn't effect other browsers connections.

Your ISP has nothing to do with anything really. The only time this might be the case is if the website itself only allows one connection from your IP address (all computers in your house share the same public IP). This is pretty rare, at least with social media websites.

Everything stated above is correct. Different browsers run different sessions and have totally different storage locations for cache, history, cookies, etc.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
why this happen what is responsible for this ?????????technical term for this??

There is no technical term for it. All the technical babble needed was already used in both mine and the previous posters responses.

please help geeks....

Missed that post before, but that's quite disrespectful. Yes I do consider myself a computer geek, but for you to just come here and call us geeks is very rude.

mad479

i am not disrespect you but i respect all people i called geeks because i am new here and i think here geeks present .

by the way sorry if i hurt you .

this is my first thread and i am new user here.

thanks for your answers but i am in dileama

ayan

When you browse facebook, or any modern site, for that matter, it sends hidden data between any page. That data is literary carried away with every link you click. This data is stored in the browser, so if you have 2 diffrerent sets of hidden data like 1:user.x, 2:user.y, when opening a page, the browser can't really tell which set of data to use to configure the page for showing, and that's why they just eliminated the possibility of you ever doing that.