Networking help!!!!!!!!!

stuaz

Okay im new to this Networking thing......but i recently purchased Broadband with Tiscali. Im at the moment waiting for them to send me the set-up stuff.

While i was waiting for the stuff to arrive i decided to purchase some Networking gear. I purchase a Wireless Linksys Router/Modem and a laptop Wireless card and a Wireless Desktop card.

Now being who i am i wanted to install the cards before the router was up and running. The Laptop card works perfectly.......but the desktop one....im not sure if it installed correclty......am i right in thinking they shuld both detect each other?? cos they dont?!!? will the router solve that problem???!

Lax

VIP Member
All those cards are doing is looking for an IP to grab from the router. They shouldn't see each other until you get the router up and running because there is nothing giving them an identification. When you get the router up and running they should grab an IP and Mask from the router and you should be able to set up a home network between the 2 computers.

Lax

VIP Member
Yeah, just go to bestbuy or online somewhere and look around for "wireless router". After you find one you need to make sure it's the right one. There are different types of "frequencies" B, G, A. You just need to make sure the cards you have and the router you buy are all compatible.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Lord AnthraX said:
There are different types of "frequencies" B, G, A. You just need to make sure the cards you have and the router you buy are all compatible.

when does the newest one come out? i believe it is "N"? sposed to be like 500X better than G...

Bobo

banned
4W4K3 said:
when does the newest one come out? i believe it is "N"? sposed to be like 500X better than G...

I think it is already out....

Also, run the network setup wizard to share files