Networking Issues on XP

simli20

Hi,

This is probably a basic answer for some people on here but basically i am having a little difficulty getting all the computers on the wired network to ping and access the internet successfully.

I have set up the internet on the gateway computer and it works, i have disabled all anti virus and firewalls, set the lan connection for others to be able to connect to the internet using the connection but theres still no joy, on the gateway computer both the obtain ip address automatically and obtain the dns server automatically are selected on the main computer that has internet access and same with the two computers that arn't connected, they dont even seem to respond to the default computer as both the sent and received are very low and when i try and repair it says unable to get ip address.

Is there any sort of default settings that i can set my two other computer to so they can access the internet because this has been going on for weeks now and i want it to be sorted.

Thanks alot

Simon

cohen

to share the internet, you need a router / switch / hub and then just plug the other computers into the router.