New Astro Shots

Punk

Staff member
Here are three of them.

I'm trying to see what i can do with the pictures of M45... Probably going to have to try again next weekend...

Auriga.jpg

BetweenPerseusTriangulumandAries.jpg

Orion.jpg

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
It's impossible to get an unedited picture of both the moon and the stars. You either get this:
Photon2-1.jpg

or this:

DSC_1126.jpg

speedyink

VIP Member
I would love to try and get an HDR shot with both the moon and the stars. Here's one of my best of just the moon

P1000741.jpg

TFT

VIP Member
Very nice, I haven't that amount of zoom on my camera but you've got me interested. The cold, clear skies are now coming in so I'll give it a try. :)

speedyink

VIP Member
Very nice, I haven't that amount of zoom on my camera but you've got me interested. The cold, clear skies are now coming in so I'll give it a try. :)

Yeah, I'll have to bust out the tripod and try a nighttime HDR :D

scooter

banned
I got a place nearby me that rents lens'. I think I may go rent one of the Canon L-series 600mm super telephotos and do some shots with my 40D slr.

Damn lens' are so friggn expensive so renting is go way to get some cool shots.

Punk

Staff member
Be careful, it's addicting :D
Yeah, I'll have to bust out the tripod and try a nighttime HDR :D
I was thinking of doing a night panorama :D
I got a place nearby me that rents lens'. I think I may go rent one of the Canon L-series 600mm super telephotos and do some shots with my 40D slr.

Damn lens' are so friggn expensive so renting is go way to get some cool shots.
Yeah, but you'll have to resolve another problem: the Earth is moving, don't remember the angular speed, but at 300mm you need to take your picture in less than 5 seconds or you'll have lines...