New Browser

Brutus

It is not an internet browser, it is a music browser. You can search google, wikipedia, and some other sites. It uses the keyword in the search to find music. It is also a music organizer. You can use as an internet browser, so I think it is sort of like an internet browser mixed with a music organizer/browser/player.

untitledtp8.jpg

Brutus

It is actually pretty cool. It is a very nice way to organize your music. It can list your entire music library by Artist, then by album, then by song. A very fast and easy way to organize it.

songbirdvd5.jpg

Brutus

If there is media on the webpage you are on it shows you the file and lets you play it seperatly with the option to download it.

Last edited:

Brutus

From what I have seen it doesnt play video, and any video it has played has been horrible quality. Use it for music though. It is pretty handy, especially if you want to listen to music and surf the web at the same time, one integrated program.

Brutus

I suggest trying it out to see if you like it, if you like music you should. It is not as apt a browser as Firefox or IE, but if you want a good music library this is very good, and since it has a browser built in it is a multitool of sorts.

computerhakk

VIP Member
Note:This is a preview release, a proof-of-concept, so there are many things still missing.

Well, it looks like itunes. Built from Firefox's engine, and is still in beta. Idea may be good for some, but the idea of having another seperate thing just to search for media is not something I'd go for. I could already search for media in other means, organize music.. well, there are players.

Also, in the future Brutus, just edit your posts.

tlarkin

VIP Member
well i played with it, and it plays flac which is good. I also allows you to organize your music yourself or you can download an organizer extension.

I think this is very cool and once tabbed browsing, mouse gestures, and other extensions become available this could very well be a great browser. It already has an extension for an ipod.

It hasn't crashed on me yet, been running it all weekend.