new budget computer....maybe

XHotxEx791

$500-600 topnotch??? Unlikely without offering a discount from YOUR wallet... Along with no warranty. The eMachines is look good right, it may not be avilable at all circuit cities and not on their website. You have to go to check. Believe tv tuner comes with it, but can't be guaranteed.

X24

i think he means the $800 maybe?
But even though the psu sucks, i think i wll go with the emachines if my circuit city has the deal. Then idk if to go with the 6600GT or the X700

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
nec beige ide dvd burner model nd-3520a bg-41
might as well get the 3540. the price delta isnt that much

creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs gamer edition-113
1. the onboard sound is pretty good
2. if you want hardware audio without the added cost, the MSI K8n neo4 has a 24bit soundblaster

the cheapest case/power supply combo you can find
trust a new computer to unstable power?;) PSU 101
mpases almost every motherboard nowadays

Gigabyte 8i848p-g Intel socket 478 ATX motherboard and an Intel Pentium 4 3.40ghz processor
that, being a Prescott (im assuming), is gonna have some serious heat issues, furthermore, running the i848 int nearly as good as running say the i865pe

Thermaltake pure power 480w PSU with wattage viewer
its an aceeptable PSU but there are better... have a look at the PSU 101.

you may not want to buy a socket 478, because they are being phased out
Quite correct, intel has indeed abandoned the 478 platform

I don't play a lot of games, but my family and freinds do and they don't have any problems with a cheap case/PSU combo. Personally, I think good cooling and power supply are over appreciated in home PCs.
They are overappreciated because people dont like having stuff fried. I'd certainly appreciate that

CPU/Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI/AMD Athlon 64 3200 939pin CPU--$330 ( http://www.smksuperstore.com/catalo...em.asp?ID=13380
The A8N SLI-E is a modifier design (which makes it decent). In all honesty, the MSI and DFI boards are better for 939 systems

Drives: SONY 16X DVD-ROM--$26
The Liteon DVDROM is a better choice (even though the Sony drive is a remarked LiteOn)

4W4K3

VIP Member
friend bought a cyberpowerinc computer. i had to take it apart and reconnect HDD's and some power issues to get it to boot. then i noticed the video card was pretty beat up and had bent fins on the HSF. so i dont recommend them fully, although to this day the PC WORKS at least.

X24

Ya, i'm not buying them, but i am buying from ibuypower for my laptop. I'm betting i won't really have problems, becuase they get bare-bone computers built for them, and then they add the ram/harddrive and cpu. and also my friend has gotten a laptop from cyberpower that is awesome.