New build 1950x Thread ripper

Jester1989123

Hey guys. I've been a member under a different username but unfortunately the forgot my password link wasn't working so I'm brand new again, so thanks for having me and I look forward to contributing to the forum.

I'm building a pc and I've got everything selected and I just wanted to get some feedback before I spent the $3000. This is my 3rd build ever and I'm playing with parts worth a lot more than I've ever used.

Processor - A7 1950x
Mobo - MSI x399
Cooler - corsair hydro
Ram -corsair vengeance 16gb 3000
HD - 240gb Kingston ssd
Psu - corsair rm750x 750watts
Cd rom
Wireless adapter
Case - haf 912

I know it's a lot to ask for suggestions and find flaws but any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Jester

beers

Staff member
The best for what exactly? The answer changes depending on what workload you actually have. If you're just gaming you can move around some of that budget into other things by going am4 like a better ssd.

There's also a threadripper refresh not too far around the corner. 12nm Ryzen chips will be available in April per AMD.

Jester1989123

The best for what exactly? The answer changes depending on what workload you actually have. If you're just gaming you can move around some of that budget into other things by going am4 like a better ssd.

There's also a threadripper refresh not too far around the corner. 12nm Ryzen chips will be available in April per AMD.

One purpose is going to be to do some gaming but another one is mining nimiq. This processor had the best hash rate out of all the other ones tested thus far.

I don't want to wait I'm actually ready to order any day lol. I don't need much for an hd unless there's one that's going to give me noticiable improvement.

Thanks for your reply.

beers

Staff member
Should be good for whatevs then.

I'd make sure the wifi adapter is at least dual band.