New build, comments/advice appreciated.

drdallon

So im building a new comp shortly after xmas break and here it is. I wanted some imput//feedback and some suggestions. I am trying to keep it around 1200$ if possible if the upgrade is necessary then ill go to 1300$.

Also i do not need SLI or Crossfire so a mobo with it will be pointless spending for me(but if a better mobo has it for cheaper or around the same price go ahead and post, im not really good with knowing what MoBos to get)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80580Q9300 - Retail

ASUS P5Q-VM LGA 775 Intel G45 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail

APEVIA ATX-AS600W-BL 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Power Supply - Retail

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 - Retail

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

EDIMAX EW-7727In 32bit PCI Wireless Adapter - Retail

(SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F - OEM)X2

EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2N1000SR4GK - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

I also have a WD 250BG HD laying around somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

$1,249.38

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My only other question was do i need a DDR3 Mobo for the nvidia 260?

Thank you!!!

Last edited:

NerdyMatt

No you do not need a ddr3 mobo for your gfx card...that only applys for ram

The other thing is Windows XP will only use 3gig of your 4gig, just letting you know incase you didnt!

-Matt

narsnail

the RAM doesnt signify what type of MB you need, that one works just fine. You only need DDR3 RAM for a new i7 setup.

drdallon

The other thing is Windows XP will only use 3gig of your 4gig, just letting you know incase you didnt!

I have heard that, but i have also heard from other people//read online of people having 4gigs and it running on all 4.

Can any one verify?

narsnail

I have heard that, but i have also heard from other people//read online of people having 4gigs and it running on all 4.

Can any one verify?

Depends on Video memory, and with that card, you will not be able to use all 4gigs, if you had an integrated card then it might, but there are still other factors.

Also if they have a 64bit operating system then then can use well over 4 gigs.

True scooter, although they do not need it.

scooter

banned

Can any one verify?

Yeah, pick a 64-bit operating system instead of 32-bit

vista premium or ultimate 64-bit would be perfect./

drdallon

I dont really feel like spending The extra 100+dollars for Vista Premium, But if there is any way i can drop the price on some other components to make up for the increased OS price id do it, any suggestions?

scooter

banned
I did, id still need to drop 70$ more dollars to be able to afford vista premium 64

I wish I could just give you a copy from here,...they shouldn't charge for the o/s...components are enough without getting jammed for everything..

drdallon

Well i actually changed a few parts and kept it under 1300$(barely lol) with Vista 64bit.

Instead of the Q9### i got the Q8200(the performance drop wont hurt me that much) and I got 1 DVD drive instead of 2(i will buy another one later when i have more money.

Thank you guys for your help.

I agree, MS pisses me off a load, but my mom works at UWO, so i get free OS's :)

Come to think of it my friends dad works at intel he might be able to get me some of this for cheaper!

I wish I could just give you a copy from here,...they shouldn't charge for the o/s...components are enough without getting jammed for everything..

I think newegg should do an Xmas special...*Buy a system for over 1000$ and we will supply Windows Vista Home Premium 64Bit for free*

Hey we can wish right :p

Last edited: