New build for Gaming/Rendering

sdsmods

New Member
Hi all, first time round here - just wondering if I could get some suggestions for my new build. I've built before, but never this type of machine.

I'm looking at a Dual Quad core, with a lot of RAM and decent GPU's. I always prefer Intel and nVidia, but that is really the only guidelines. No stupidly high-priced stuff, although I know it's not going to be a cheap build to begin with.

CPU needs to be clocked high - I was thinking around 4Ghz. Maybe more.

Thanks in advance for the help - I've heard many good things about this community ;)
 
Just thought I should mention - I'll be doing a lot of intensive gaming and 3D rendering in 3DS Max 2010, Maya 2010 and SoftImage XSI 2010. Gaming will vary, but I'm currently working on a Crysis mod, so there will be lots of play on max settings (hopefully at 1920 x 1200 or above).
 
I'm not sure how often you're allowed to bump here, but I could really use some recommendations.

Thanks.
 
What do you plan on rendering and what games do you intend to play? also where are you located? This will get us started. do you plan to use online stores like newegg or tigerdirect?
 
when you say "dual quad core" do you mean two quad core processors? or are you asking dual or quad core?
 
Back
Top