New build help

Ironteenrich

New Member
Does this look good? Used for school, gaming, ect. Will need to last 3-4 years besides minor upgrades or adding another video card.

Case: Antec 900
MB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186148
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115041
Graphics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130365
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145197
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371009
Harddrive : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148288
CPU fan http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134
2 lighton drives
windows xp 64bit

Comes out to just under 1400$ I believe with rebates
I am pretty much at my limit so I wouldn't like to go much over 1400.
 
I agree with daisymtc....looks like you have a good budget. The Intel X48 is the way to go right now.

But I do disagree with the video card....If you can afford the GTX 280, then get it! It will walk on a 4870. The prices of the GTX 280 will be dropping here shortly, they won't be able to maintain the price they are at for long.
______________________________________________
Case : XION II w/12” green cold cathode
Motherboard : Asus P5N-E 650i @ 1532 FSB
CPU : Intel Q9300 @ 2.875 GHz
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper TX2
RAM : Corsair XMS2 Pro/pc6400/ 4x1GB/ @800 MHz
Graphics : Evga 9800 GTX @ 740 MHz
PSU : Antec Neo Power 650w / modular cables
OP: Vista Home Pre 64 bit
 
I agree with daisymtc....looks like you have a good budget. The Intel X48 is the way to go right now.

But I do disagree with the video card....If you can afford the GTX 280, then get it! It will walk on a 4870. The prices of the GTX 280 will be dropping here shortly, they won't be able to maintain the price they are at for long.
______________________________________________
Case : XION II w/12” green cold cathode
Motherboard : Asus P5N-E 650i @ 1532 FSB
CPU : Intel Q9300 @ 2.875 GHz
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper TX2
RAM : Corsair XMS2 Pro/pc6400/ 4x1GB/ @800 MHz
Graphics : Evga 9800 GTX @ 740 MHz
PSU : Antec Neo Power 650w / modular cables
OP: Vista Home Pre 64 bit

Amm...If he do get money for GTX 280, I think 780i is the way to go.
 

Or I can use that MB, get two of those sets of RAM, and get a 260 gtx for now and then wait until price drops, or until I need to update and then pick a card to SLI. Does that sound good? If i do that I will be under 1400 with 8gb ram, 780i MB, q9550, GTX 260.
 
Back
Top