New Build - Little help?

Rambo

Stick with the truepower then. Thermaltake doesn't make great PSU's.

Ack! I'm ordering in half an hour and I don't know wat PSU to get! :eek:

I need a decent stable OCing PSU. The Atec PSU's have all gone up about $20!! I have around $80 to spend on one.

I'll check back here in 30 mins. Please, someone give me a hand...

Rambo. :)

m0nk3ys1ms

I hope so...

I was reading here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53202.html

Alot of these guys are saying that the 7900GT has defects, and will fail to work after some time. Any of these things true? What would be the comparable ATi card to get? The X1900XT? Quite a bit more than the 7900GT's...

EDIT: I have read that the X1800XT is about on par with the 7900GT.

Here is an X1800XT for $235! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102007

So, I think I may go with that...

The X1800XT looks flat out great for the price, I would shoot for that.

Rambo

The X1800XT looks flat out great for the price, I would shoot for that.

Yeah, I did quite a bit of researching into the X1800XT and 7900GT... They are both very good, and each excel in their own games, but I feel that the X1800XT is the better of the two. Plus, there is some OCing room for it. :)

Pr0

Yeah, but I'll easily be able to OC the XMS memory to 800 Mhz. Then it will be 4-4-4-12 @ 800 Mhz. Plus, Corsair XMS is decent memory, don't ya think?
If you can OC it without increasing the volt. you should be fine.

Rambo

Well, I'm all ready to build it now. Just waiting for the components to arrive! :D

I ended up getting the X1800XT for $200! That's a steal! Total amount was $990, $1005 including postage. I ordered most of my components from ZipZoomFly, as they had free shipping, but I got the GPU, PSU and CD/DVD Drive from Newegg.

I'll post benchmarks when I get back to England, as that's where all my games and 3DMark software is.

Thanks for all the help guys, appreciate it!

Rambo. :)