New build, need critique!!!!

[trs]ALUMINUM

Hey guys im going to be building a new one for myself and since I havent been researching to much as to what is to come in 2010, this is what I have so far. I want this to last a couple of years. Let me know if you think i should upgrade or downgrade anything!!

Intel Core i7 920 (going to oc to around 4ghz or more)
Corsair H50 cooler (push pull)
EVGA X58 758 A1 board (should I get a classified?)
EVGA GTX280 (for right now since i own it but when the new fermis / GTX480's come out im buying 2)
6gb Corsair Dominator 8-8-8-24 1600mhz
Cooler Master Haf 932
LG Bluray drive
Western digital velociraptor (own already)
Western Digi 1tb caviar black
Thermaltake 1200watt psu (own already)

Is that good for a couple of years with the gtx480's included? And is there anything worth upgrading like cooler, motherboard mem?

Last edited:

[trs]ALUMINUM

I should have said already I own the PSU, velociraptor, and graphics card. But everything else I dont own, so yeah im stuck with the 280 till fermis. I have a question though, is there any real difference between the 758 boards and 760 boards in terms on performance in overclocking. I plan to only run SLI with fermis so no really need for tri sli but I would love a good overclocking board. Is it worth 100 to upgrade to the x58 760 boards? or should I keep the 758 Board?

Gooberman

[trs]ALUMINUM;1415996 said:
Hey guys im going to be building a new one for myself and since I havent been researching to much as to what is to come in 2010, this is what I have so far. I want this to last a couple of years. Let me know if you think i should upgrade or downgrade anything!!

Intel Core i7 920 (going to oc to around 4ghz or more)
Corsair H50 cooler (push pull)
EVGA X58 758 A1 board (should I get a classified?)
EVGA GTX280 (for right now since i own it but when the new fermis / GTX480's come out im buying 2)
6gb Corsair Dominator 8-8-8-24 1600mhz
Cooler Master Haf 932
LG Bluray drive
Western digital velociraptor (own already)
Western Digi 1tb caviar black
Thermaltake 1200watt psu (own already)

Is that good for a couple of years with the gtx480's included? And is there anything worth upgrading like cooler, motherboard mem?

wouldn't it be like GTX380? :) skipping an extra 100 there! :D

Gooberman

What's the point in that! lol god i hate when they do that xD ohh higher numbers make it seem better :D