New Build Problem

czepek

Hi, I just built a pc for my sister and its not working. When i click the power button on the case nothing happening. I said maybe the problem is psu i tried to jump start my psu and it didnt work. Can you guys help me? i think the problem is psu or im doing something wrong idk

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you built pc's before? You have the case wires attached to the correct pins on the motherboard? You need the 24 pin main and 4/8 pin cpu power connectors attached in order for it to work. Did you install the case standoffs correctly between case and motherboard? If not, it may be grounding out and not starting. To test this you can build it outside of the case and try turning it on. Have you tried a different power supply? Can you list specific parts so we can make sure its compatible. There are a lot of things that can stop a pc from starting up.

czepek

Have you built pc's before? You have the case wires attached to the correct pins on the motherboard? You need the 24 pin main and 4/8 pin cpu power connectors attached in order for it to work. Did you install the case standoffs correctly between case and motherboard? If not, it may be grounding out and not starting. To test this you can build it outside of the case and try turning it on. Have you tried a different power supply? Can you list specific parts so we can make sure its compatible. There are a lot of things that can stop a pc from starting up.
I built a pc for myself before, it worked fine. I have all the wires attached correctly, I checked. I i tried my motherboard inside my case and outside. i tried another power supply and it didn't work. GTX 1650 / i3 10100 / 650W 60plus bronze power supply / 16 gb ram 3200mhz

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely a dead motherboard since that motherboard supports that cpu with original bios version, providing cpu was installed correctly. Might have to take it to a repair shop and have them diagnose but according to what you have tried and the specs you listed, I'm assuming DOA motherboard. And if so, one of the most common issues with MSI.

Hi, I just built a pc for my sister and its not working. When i click the power button on the case nothing happening. I said maybe the problem is psu i tried to jump start my psu and it didnt work. Can you guys help me? i think the problem is psu or im doing something wrong idk
Hi czepek. Can you confirm that the front panel power switch is connected to the motherboard as per the instructions/manual that came with the motherboard?
Forgive me if I sound like I am insinuating a lack of intelligence, I assure you that is not the case. We just cannot overlook the simplest things first.

czepek

Hi czepek. Can you confirm that the front panel power switch is connected to the motherboard as per the instructions/manual that came with the motherboard?
Forgive me if I sound like I am insinuating a lack of intelligence, I assure you that is not the case. We just cannot overlook the simplest things first.
They all connected correctly.

czepek

Most likely a dead motherboard since that motherboard supports that cpu with original bios version, providing cpu was installed correctly. Might have to take it to a repair shop and have them diagnose but according to what you have tried and the specs you listed, I'm assuming DOA motherboard. And if so, one of the most common issues with MSI.
Okay thank you so much i think i will take it to a repair shop :)