new build up, no internet

suptt

Got the new rig up and running last night and everything was working fine, was on playing CSS for like 3 or 4 hours. However, I had to unplug the ethernet cable last night to hook it up to another computer for the internet and when I woke up this morning and hooked it back into my new rig I cant get a connection. It just says network cable unplugged. I have done what I usually have to do which is unhook the power cable to the cable box and plug it back in after it resets, but I have done this a number of times and nothing is working.

noob89

check your network connections and see if your set up running the one thats plugged in or the other one ...atleast mine has 2 so i had to disable one so its always on the right one

suptt

No I only have one. Also I was wondering if the fact the I installed the windows xp cd that came with my dell laptop has anything to do with the problem. I dont have a cd key, so it is saying that it is not a valid copy and I cannot update any of my windows xp pro, I can't update to SP2 or anything. So I thought maybe because I have the DS3r-P35 board that the outdated windows with no updates will not configure with the board. Is this possible?

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Use the Dell's CD on Dell computers, not an custom. If your drivers arent installed... that could be a problem. Windows XP Pro isnt outdated...